Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sapphire, My First Nuzlocke: Leader Roxane

So after not playing this for a while, I decided to do a bit more grinding before heading to the gym, even if that does require the cost of a potion or two to heal the team. The experience they would gain would be well worth the cost. Plus you can never be too careful.

In the process of grinding, Mr. Pickup got me an Ultra Ball, a PP Up, even a Full Restore all which will be useful in the future, I'm sure.

I notice Tin Timber was struggling a bit with leveling up, at least compared to Funhighnesness. But just by going back to a lower route with weaker Pokemon and using absorb on things, I was able to get enough health back to feel safe training him again in the route with the stronger Pokemon without tossing a Potion to heal at the Pokemon Center. It was worth it too because Tin Timber was actually able to get higher in levels than Funghuness. He even evolved into a Grovile and learn pursuit. It was equally as strong as pound, but diversified his move pool, which I know will be good for the future. He can now hold his own and one-shot any of the Pokemon on this route and I feel comfortable with him being able to take some hits if I need to switch to him from another Pokemon.

Funghighness also learned Mega Drain, and is now basically one-shoting all the wild Pokemon as well. The two of them are now at Lv.17. They are well over-leveled compared to the rest of my team, but this was all well worth the time and extra Pokemon Center payment. I think it's time for me to take on the gym.

First I took on the trainers. I was a little worried, but Hurracane was able to handle all of their Pokemon without a sweat. I'm not worried about the leader now at all. Though Hurrane is sitting the rest of this gym out, because I know the leader has rock moves still good experience neverless and he finally learned a flying move. Which will be needed for the next gym.

Might of overdid the training since I breezed by the leader without Tin Timber losing even half his health and no worries. Then again, better safe than sorry. ;) So the badge and Rock Tomb TM are mine. I don't even need to heal. Which marks a good chance to get Dubstep a level or two.

Don't want to train too much though, I think I can even take out a Grunt without wasting a Potion. But first wild Pokemon of the cave, it's a Whismur. Like I said, it's the only Pokemon you can find. I was able to catch it, (remember my clauses), without too much trouble. Decided to call it MicahelMix hopefully I'll never need to call on him... At least I get a free heal, which I'll use after this Grunt fight.

It was just one Poccheyna, but it did spook me for a second when my Pokemon started missing at it keep using howl. But it turns out I got scared over nothing. I even got health left to spare for grinding before heading back and using my free heal. As for cut, for now I don't feel it's worthwhile to teach waste a move-slot on any of my Pokemon to get to the few items I gain access to... for now. Mr. Pickup may make a good HM slave in the future if DubStep can prove itself as a worthy normal type. Since its a Nuzlock, I want to see what happens before I give Mr. Pickup a weak move that I can't forget until late in the game.

Team:
Tin Timber the Grovile Lv.18
Funghiness Lv.17
Mr.Pickup Lv.10
Zip'd Lv. 13
Hurracane Lv.14
DubStep Lv.12

Deaths: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment