So I was actually able to make it through Petaburg Woods in one piece. After getting out of the woods I checked the grass above and ran into a Wingull, just what I needed. I managed to catch it and call it Hurracane. I know that's not how you spell the actual name, but that's how I wanted to spell it. (And totally not because I was derping out on how to spell hurricane.) Honestly I was a bit worried about the trainers and how Hurracane came into the party at Lv. 4. But it all worked out for the best as I was able to beat all the trainers without having any causalities. I did have to give-up one Potion for an extra Pokemon Center visit but considering that I found at least one on the ground, it evened out. Even was able to get Hurracane up to level with the rest of the team. Zip'd even evolved into a Dustox which caught me off guard 'cause I thought it was a Silcoon and not a Castcoon for whatever reason but it's probably for the better because my team is more diverse now.
I still have a bit of a fear of Taillow after what happened to MadmChomp, but I did manage to get the courage to beat a wild one... I'm still for the most part running away from them though.
So after the training and beating all the trainers I finally made it into Rustboro City and after getting items I could find, including the Cut HM, and my free heal, I headed into the next Route to get the trainers and my Pokemon of the route out of the way. In a route with so many new Pokemon like Nincast, Tallow, and Skitty, guess what I got? A Whismur. Sure it's new but the cave up ahead has nothing but this Pokemon so I was a bit disappointed with the opportunity to diversify my team wasted, but that's how the Nuzlock works. At least now I have a full team. By the way the Whismur is named DubStep
Since I get a free heal after catching a new Pokemon, I made the most out of this opportunity to take out all the trainers on the Route I could and my team even had some energy left to do a bit more grinding on the wild Pokemon. But now I think I've got my team as strong it can be without healing, yet without also not putting them in danger of fainting so I'm gonna go heal now and maybe after that I'll check out the gym.
Since it is a rock type gym Shromhigness and Tin Timber are going to be my keys to victory if I want everyone to come out alive. I don't even want to risk Hurracane out in battle since I know the leader has Rock Tomb which would make quick work out of him. Thankfully these two Pokemon having Absorb and Leech Seed made training them with high health pretty easy and I only had to heal because they were running out of PP. I'll have to play it safe with the gym trainers just to see how strong they are.
Team:
Tin Timber (Treeco)Lv. 13
Zip'd (Dustox) Lv. 11
Mr. Pickup (Zigzagoon) Lv.10
Funghiness (Shroomish) Lv. 14
Hurracane (Wingull) Lv. 10
DubStep (Whismur) Lv. 7
No comments:
Post a Comment