Friday, June 1, 2012

Sapphire, My First Nuzlocke: Sailport City Grinding


So before heading off to Slateport, I decided to go back to Rustboro City and see if I could pick up the Exp. Share I get as an award for delivering the letter right away. If I have to deliver the package first, at least my Pokemon will get experience along the way. It was a good time to train PlumPickl, since he got a few levels just from the trip. Also with me getting more and more Pokemon I snapped and finally decided to teach Mr. Pickup cut. Was it worth it, well, if I don't end up using him, then yes consider it gave me a bit more trainer experience and some berries. I was disappointed when one of the items behind a cut tree was an X-item though. Turns out I made the right choice going back since I was able to get the experience share which will make training weaker Pokemon like PlumPickl a lot easier.

So then I sailed back to Sailport and fought all the trainers on the beach I was actually surprised how I didn't need to use the Pokemon Center for all of them. I did cut it close when I accidentally sent out PlumPickl out with half health, but thankfully it was only an Azmual so he was able to handle it. So after doing all that again getting some free Soda Pop, I decided to go through Slateport city and train in the route above. I almost forgot that it was a new route though and almost missed out catching a new Pokemon. Thankfully I remembered on the first wild Pokemon, an Electrike. It was actually difficult catching it, since I put Shroomhiness in the box to train on that route. With some good timing with Hurrancaine weakening it and one of the Ultra Balls Mr.Pickup got for me, I managed to grab it. It was actually a girl so after some thought I decided to call it Sheocka, a play on the combination of the words “Shock” and “Sheba” from the Golden Sun games, who is a wind adapt, therefore can wield lighting as well. I get the feeling Sheocka is going to play a role in my team in the future since I need to start working on balancing my team's typing now that got more than 6 Pokemon to work with. I realize there's gonna be so Team Aqua fights required between now and the gym and while they're usually not that bad as the gyms, I still gotta be careful.

So I did quite a bit of grinding while watching videos on Youtube. Bad idea I know, but I pay enough attention to the game and tend to grind really safe, (not letting a Pokemon battle if it's even close to half healh), so it's been going real smooth so far everyone minus Mr. Pickup is at Lv.16 right now. The experience share has been great for training so far. If a Pokemon is too weak to train but needs the experience, it can just hold onto it until it gets on par with the rest of the team. It's been real useful for Sheocka since she doesn't really have any good moves for battle yet. Can't wait until it learns Spark at Lv.20. I also looked up what levels the grunts I would be at that I have to fight would be at and all my team members are certainly ready to fight them. But since I'm just watching videos anyways, the more experience my party gets now, the safer they'll be in future battles, especially the 3rd gym. Really worried about that. Oh I guess it's worth noting that I think Tin Timber is actually gonna sit in the box for a little while, since Funghiness is already a grass type. So I took care of the events to go into the museum and I think here is where I'll call it a-due.

Current Main Team:
Funghiness (Shroomish) Lv.19
DubStep (Whismur) Lv. 16
Hurrancane(Wingull) Lv.18
Sheocka(Electrike) Lv. 16
PlumpPickl Lv. 16
Zip'd Lv. 19

On standby:
Tin Timber (Groovile) Lv.19
Mr. Pickup (Zigagoon) Lv. 14

Deaths: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment